Wednesday 29 October 2014

Quality of line

I took a few images from the internet that reflected on my subject of Punk,Ska and Northern soul. Using my images as references to study in this task. I worked a few different materials charcoal, drawing ink ans a brush pen. I feel that the more successful images came from using a brush and the drawing ink as it has a more fluid flow to the lines.

Here I have used charcoal, but i don't like how this looks or the feels it has, i feel i may have been using too much pressure whilst applying it.

this is the brush pen which is ok just understanding how the flow of ink is distributed makes it hard to know how muck ink is going to be applied resulting in irregular lines.
these are done which a bush and drawing ink, i was most comfortable using this method as you have more contril over the application of ink and can get much clearer uniformed lines resulting in a better image (with some practise im sure this will be true)

No comments:

Post a Comment