Wednesday 15 October 2014

Typology Poster Studio Brief 2

So after exploring a range of different themes 10 in all i have decided to do my A1 poster on 26 way to use a pan. As pans are normally only used to cook with i feel that this poster could be a challenge to think of  25 other uses for a pan, but also change how the world sees the humble pan.
So after many hours coming up with ideas of what my 26 illustrations are going to be i set about drawing them up on my A1 paper, but i ran into a problem a few drawings in. In the excitement of getting started i laid my paper down in landscape and did not notice until i had already started working on it. So after turning my new paper to porate i just got some tracing paper and traced my images. I really liked that by tracing my images once i had drawn them out helped clean them up, so i did this process for all 26 and in the end the only regret i had with doing this was the time it took to do it but very happy with the final results. I used fine liners to get my line work down and add abit of tone to my pans then added small amounts on watered down drawing ink to try breack the poster up as there was far too much white. After adding some ink i then felt i should just leave the poster alone as i felt i could of ruined it by adding too much ink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment