Thursday 2 February 2017

Decks for change -Final Designs

So the submission for this competition are open.
The deadline is before the 1st of March.
The final submissions need to be drawn on to a template that is provided.


Doing these designs before my dissertation took all my time and effort has given me something to jump straight back into and get the creative cogs going again. I had done most of the development work for the designs  so now its time to just take what iv done and transfer it to the templates then scan and submit.



On my first attempt it was decided to get my water colour paints out and add the colour that way, what i didn't think about was the paper I had printed the templates on to, this was just 150gsm cartridge paper and when i started to apply the paint this became a issue as it had a terrible looking finish where i had applied some thickish coats of paint. The paper was not made for my way of using watercolors and it became difficult to apply the paint without the paper peeling away and leaving a mess.


I decided for my next attempt I would do it in my sketch book first and use Promarkers to add colour. This worked out fine and once I had finished I wished id of done it on to one of the templates as it came out good. This gave me the practise i need hopefully for now putting the design where it needs to be.

So heres the design I submitted I was not happy with my final submission but I just couldnt seem to get the image I was looking for on my final attempt, as I found out the submission needed to be hand done. I liked the fact it needed to be hand drawn but it just came out rubbish. I feel I could of got the colour a lot better applied if I had done a few more attempts at this but and more importantly I should've attempted to of done the development drawings on the templates so when  I had a designs that I was happy with it could of been used and not attempted to be redrawn. I also feel that my design with the skull brain and mouths on translates the idea of mental health a lot better. The designs that got submitted is conceptual and people struggle to understand what its message was. If I had added some text to the board highlighting the issue.
Also I need to start to test out my materials on the papers im going to be using and try to think of these issue before its too late and time and materials have been wasted.



Presentaion Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment