Friday 20 March 2015

Screen printing

The task was to produce a 2 colour screen print A4 in size. I set about thinking how  could best get a image to best demonstrates my understanding of composition in a 2 colour screenprint. The first thing I knew I had to do was keep it relatively simple.

I tryed to rough out a few ideas by they were not interesting but it got the layout ideas rolling.
First 3 to get things started I just drew anything that popped into my head


I love skulls so thought how could i get one into this screenprint

Passed a graveyard whilst out walking my dog and it clicked that the graveyard along with the church would work fine. 

Tried the a skelington a few times prying in the graveyard but this was too much detail. 







 Went to the graveyard and took a few photos. This is St Oswells church in Guiseley, i took loads of photos, these three demonstrate what i was try to do with the composition.



Too much going on in the background



Seeing if a big skull as if it was stood very close to the viewer would work, i feel it was too much and it needed a face to humanize it. 
Too low down off the page just looks like it was planned out wrong. 
Here I realised that if the skull was looking up to the church it would be looking left to right the way we read a book so the best way to read a image. 























Final Image screen printed, the brightness of the pink is very off on this picture. Very happy indeed with this final product probably the happiest i've ever been with anything i've produced.  






No comments:

Post a Comment