Saturday 14 March 2015

3 Man composition scene

Here we had to create a scene that had 3 people in it. One in the foreground, one in the mid ground and one in the background. I tried to keep it as simple as I could and not have it over complicated. so i choose to have two of them stood facing the third person. i tried to make it like a scene from in a shop with two customers looking at the cashier. I tried to illustrate this by having them both facing the same area of the shop and using they eyes to try direct you to where they are looking. I feel very happy with this exercise as I feel the penny has dropped with how composition works and how important it can be in making images, giving them flow and have areas of interest.
Also using pencil crayons to add colour, as before i always shyed away from using them but with doing roughs and scamps and using them to add colour has shown me they are a great way to get ideas and colour schemes down on paper and help compose a image.







Here are some of the roughs I did when trying to work out the compassion. I feel from this task and these roughs I have done it clicked the importance in doing roughs and the benefit of doing them. I realised that it saves time and effort when starting out on a image and can help to arrange and compose.



Different sense to see if i could get a nice composition to work with.  

Tried to angle the checkout but could not get the perspective right

Bringing the face righ tto the front of the image worked as it made that character feel very close. 


Coloured with pencil crayons very quickly but i feel they give some nice tonal qualities and if done with time  could help give some more depth to the image with added shades and tones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment