Wednesday 18 March 2015

Elephunk, Me and a butterfly.

We were given the task to compose an image that included a elephant,  a butterfly and a person maybe me. I was trying to show the depth of the compassion using these three elements. So in order to do this i needed to think about scale and how the size of each thing would look in relation to each other. This was difficult due to  firstly it was done in a short amount of time and secondly I have never really challenged how images are composed and used the rules you need to apply to get this to work. So in essence i was scared by such a little task but once i had completed it the penny dropped that i needed to up my game and stop avoiding the principles of making a successful image and get on board and learn them and put them to practise.

Drawing ink and a brush was used,

I feel this was a success in ways but not really in doing what it was went to. The scale of each element is off and the elephant looks all out of proportion, and I have grow a few feet (wishful thinking) and as for the "butt"erfly its bigger then my head. I tried to add some shadow to create some kind of depth, which worked a little but was let down by the rest of the image. But it has made me want to learn about compassion and how to create a well composed image.

No comments:

Post a Comment