Wednesday 26 April 2017

Paint a Toy

https://www.thetoyfinder.com/

I was contacted by Nick at toyfinder.com to see if i would be interested in receiving a Fo Chisel (http://fochisel.com/)and seeing what I could do with it, I jumped at the chance. When I received the toy I was surprised to see it had a chisel in the box this surprised me as i thought it was just the name of the toy not a discerption.
So I have stared at the toy for a number of hours trying to work out what to do with it and have decided im just going to paint a design on the wood as I don't have the skills or space to start smashing the chippings out of a bit of wood. I just don't know where to start do I just go for it and mess up the wood and see what happens or do I find a person with a band saw so I can cut section out of the wood and ret get some shape going. I know your suppose to chisel it but with the size of the chisel provided and the size of the would I feel i'm going to have to do a degree in wood work to be able to work it into anything. All I can see happeniing is me getting frustrated and injured with the end results not been worthy of using. So I think using a band saw to cut the wood to shape and then use electric sanders of different varieties to then further shape and smooth the wood before painting it. Where im going to find the time and equipment to do this I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment