Tuesday 7 March 2017

Colours may vary - Out Of Order show

As a course we were ask to produce a print that could be displayed and sold at Colors May Vary in town. The title of the show was Out Of Order which at first sounded like a great title and subject to work to bu in fact it was quite difficult to come up with something for it. I settled for a transgressive theme as this would help to start tying a overall theme to my work. As devils and pentagrams are seen as a bit of a taboo still by a few this seemed like it may work for putting up in a shop/show and been classed as Out OF Order. 
I originally submitted the hand drawn design to the show but after speaking to a few other of my peers it was decided i should just print it off digitally and then i would have some prints to sell too.




So here you can see above my original submissions and abit of development,  thats been done using watercolours and inks and was just going to be a one off, but like i have already said  it would be good to have some prints for sale at the show too so i just hung a digital version of the illustration.
Below are the prints that will be for sale at the show itself all packed up and ready to be sold, they also  included a hand drawn business card that I added to each print with my details on so if the customer wants they can find my on the world wide internet.


So the show has been and gone and once again I have picked up all the prints that where taken to be sold at the show. I was not surprised that I was reunited with all of them again. This is the second time i have got all my prints back from a show we have held at the shop Colours May Vary and Im starting to think that if i ever get the chance to sell at the shop again then im going to have to seriously consider the material in my work. When im submitting work with the transgressive theme oozing all over it I am aware that this is a niche subject and it might not be appreciated by the masses but im sure with some more time i will discover where my work will best sell.  But for he time being if i have the oppertunity to take part in another show where my work is hung I need to seriously think what im going to hang and try find out what kind of audience the shop pulls to bet my chances of making any money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment