Thursday 11 February 2016

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY Mystery

FRIDAY 4th FEB 2016

MYSTERY


I wanted to do a mythical beast.
Also i wanted to do my own interpretation of said beast.
I choose Bigfoot as i haven't drawn a foot in a long time, i wanted to draw a big hairy foot with  a face and arms in a darkly lit scene.


I first drew this on card using Isograph pens and ink, i wanted it to look like the beast was hairy like bigfoot the mystical beast. Using my pen at different angles and swooping it in the direction of the hair gave the image some depth? . After i scanned it in at 300dpi as i wanted to keep the detail i was tempted to scan it in at a high resolution but i thought the file size may be a issue later on when submitting. I had to scan it in in two halfs as i drew it at a3, then connected them back together in photoshop. I changed the levels to give me a nice black outline and white fill area to work on. Adding flat colour using this paint brush, then in the trees and on the grass i added some noise to give it a textured feel, a gradient was used in the sky. then the whole image got flattened and i again used the levels to dull the whole image down and make it feel like it was in the dark woods. 





No comments:

Post a Comment