Sunday 25 September 2016

Longboard Design - Live Brief





"For this brief, come up a custom design or illustration that you would like to see printed on the deck of a longboard. You could reference a drawing or a quote that inspires you, or anything that you reckon would look awesome on a board. We would advise creating a full custom illustration that covers the entire 'bottom' of the board, and that features a combination of lettering, graphics and other original elements."


So i Want to go wild on this one and do one of my characters, put my tone of voice all over the board . I have only spent a quick amount of time doing some rough ideas for this brief but i feel i need to spend some more time thinking what will best show of me.  

Here i have very quickly done a few idea just to see how I can work in that space provided. Using acrylic paints instead of pen to start off the illustration and then adding the pen over the paint to add some detail an outline. 


I have made a template to help me keep a consistent shape going but after using this template to create some roughs i feel i need to redo this in a different shape as i reminds me of a surfboard shape too much not a longboard. 


After doing this initial bit of development work I never went any further with this brief. In all honesty i just forgot about it with enjoying doing other briefs and academic work for the course. After looking back at this brief i feel it was a missed opportunity that I should of taken part in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment