Monday 18 January 2016

Sting

Right so the sting i have put off for far too long as i'm not comfortable with after effects at all, but I can't put it off any longer. After speaking to my tutor I have been told to just keep it simple and animate my poster so thats what im going to attempt.
This is the design i'm going to work with as i feel it has the elements to show what i'm try to communicate Climate Change. The only change may be the colour as i think i'm going to print this using blue.

Screen printed poster used for my sting. 



So  to start off with opened my image of the skull earth with oil rig in Photoshop and split the image into the different elements I wanted to move on my sting and put them into they own layers. Then i exported the PSD file from photoshop and opened it up in After Effects. Here i began to work out where i wanted the movement to happen and added the Anchor points that would enable me to do this. As I felt very unsure at my ability to use After Effects and animated using it this been the first time to do so,  I just kept it very very simple and decided that my animation could be very basic and only include two main movements and music. Using the position part of the timeline i added the key frame where my animation was going to start, then adding another point i moved my image into the center of the screen creating a path for the image to move up. Like in Illustrator using the pen tool the line i had just created could have points added to in so i could bend the line to make it look like the earth was swooping into view. Them i just did the same thing with the oilrig and made it appear out of the top of the skull so it looked like a massive oil rig drilling the whole world. 
For the music i was gong to try create my own jingle using Garage Band but I decided with the time i had left this would be a rushed job and would probably ruin the animation. So by typing royalty free music into google i found a website that had loads of tunes made ready to use, so after listening to a bunch of them i decided on the one i used and added it to After Effects where i cut it down to 15 seconds. The reason the one used was used is because at around 7 seconds it sounds like another piano starts up and i feel this helped at the correct point for the oilrig to appear. 




This changes everything from Sam Metcalf on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment