Tuesday 13 January 2015

MAp Development, the routes.

These are the first drafts/test maps i have done im happy with the outcome so far and i feel the key chart could be a good way of illustrating what is in and around theses routes. Next step make it look visually better i'm going to try 3D these maps next and make them a lot more interesting. 

I used the ordinate survey map app to track my routes. These are just screen shots of the maps as they save them in a file format that a computer does not understand, but the screen shots give a spot on route taken. 


The Chevin (surprise view) 3miles 1hour

From the map I have have been able to translate the route to paper very easily.
I have try adding all the necessary information I have gathered and using the key added to the map, but i feel it still needs something to make theses maps a lot more interesting, I also need to be careful that I don't over do the information on the maps as this could start to get a lot more confusing then helpful.  

First attempted at putting all the information together for The Chevin 

Quick one for High Royds to see how the paths and key images need to work 



Carlton Woods 3miles 1hour15mins
Esholt Woods 3.5miles, 1hour30mins

The Big One
Chevin (surise view) and Carlton Woods
7miles, 2.5 hours

In the end I decided to save on paper, pens and time and to just try and trace over the routes using Photoshop and this turned out to be a great idea. Not only did it save me time it made me realise that photoshop is not as hard to use as I have alway thought it was.  So i used the pencil tool on a new layer to trace the line and this was then ready for me to build my design up from. After doing the first one this way I tried the same with the second and  realized I could just use the magic wand tool to just select the route only and copy and paste it to a new layer to begin the rest of the map. 

No comments:

Post a Comment